Thursday, November 24, 2011

Advent Calendar Filling Idea - No Sew Fabric Ornaments

I wanted to include some kid friendly ornaments in my Advent Calendar. I thought it would be nice to find a way to showcase fabrics that I liked without having to sew an ornament.  While I love sewing, ornament sewing can be a bit more fiddly than I would.  I wanted to come up with a quick no sew ornament that I would like and not mind a toddler playing with.

Supply list
decorative cotton fabric for ornament
steam-a-seam 2 (or your preferred fusible interfacing)
felt (I use wool blend felt or a premium felt)
punch (I use a crop-a-dile)
narrow ribbon for hanging

Directions
Place fabric with the wrong side facing up on the ironing board
Peel backing off the steam-a-seam and place it sticky side down on your fabric - iron to fuse in place
Trim away extra fabric
Place fabric sticky side down on top of the felt - be sure it is flat - iron to fuse in place (you may want to use a press cloth when pressing the felt)
Trim away excess fabric
Punch hole at the top of the ornament

Add a ribbon loop for hanging






1 comment:

  1. cute. Thank you for sharing and for linking up to last weeks show and share party. Please come back this week and share your latest project with us.

    A mommy's life...with a touch of YELLOW
    tyandwhitneyulrich.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete