Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Advent Calendar Filling Idea - Holiday hat

I'm a fan of silly hats on little kids.  It seems that it is a tradition for me to give a hat during the first week of Advent.  I like to knit so my hats have been knit, but there is no reason they would need to be knit or even need to be handmade.  I've done a Santa hat, and a red hat with a snowflake in the past.  This year I went with just a seasonal color. 
The Santa hat pattern is available for free online.  I modified it to knit in the round.  The snowflake hat isInca Snowflake by Susan B. Anderson from the book Itty-Bitty Hats. The green hat is Pointy Elf Hat by Joelle Hoverson  from the book More Last-Minute Knitted Gifts.  I added ear flaps to ensure that it would be warm and cozy.    

No comments:

Post a Comment